Sometimes I feel like ...



All of the above,lol.

I meant to start my journal over the weekend but it didn't quite happen. I'd left my book at work. Real handy that was. But I wasn't naughty over the weekend.

I've actually made myself have breakfast the last couple of days and I don't know why but it has kept me quite full till lunchtime. Normally if I eat breakfast, I keep eating right through the day. I don't know why it's different now or even if it will last but while I get myself back on track it's a bonus and I'll take it.

They say that those who write down what they eat in a journal are more likely to succeed. I know I can succeed because I've done it before. I lost 12 kgs in just under 3 months. I succeeded because I kept on track and never lost sight of the goal I'd set. Now I have a hard time keeping my sights set on anything longer than a couple of weeks or so. I very easily veer off course. Must be old age. Maybe alzheimers is setting in. So hopefully writing it all down is going to stop me from veering off track and keeping that goal in sight.

Not only am I writing down what I eat but I also what I'm thinking/doing/ or feeling. I had a minor victory yesterday. I was cleaning up after a meeting and putting away the biccies, I kept two chocolate macaroons out, put the rest away. I turned back, looked at them and told myself put them back you don't need them. And I did. I felt good about it too. Today I wrote "Exercise willpower!!!" So far I haven't had too.

I'm also weighing myself daily - in kilos and in pounds and recording it in my little book.. This is what works for me. This morning it's down so things ARE working. Thursdays are going to be my weigh day and I'll record it on the sidebar.

My first mini goal is a 5% loss which is 76.7. Followed by a 5 kg loss of 75.8. I'm not going to get ahead of myself, I'll achieve these and then set the next goals.


And look what else is moving .... here comes trouble. He's crawling now and quite determined. There's mischief in those eyes. He's also good at giving your face a good pummelling, ah I mean massage. Grabs a nose, cheeks, lips hell whatever he can grab and contorts is into many different angles.

But he's still gorgeous.




Ciao




Comments

  1. Well done...tracking is my key too...and when I push that tracker aside and DON'T write things down, thats when I go AWOL, and its sooooooo damn hard to get back, espesially when your're menopausal like I have been!

    ohhh that darling wee boy is on the move ALREADY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, willpower is the key! I will try to exercise some willpower in Ireland, but Im not holding my breath on that one!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going well Chick.
    Baby is looking sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those dwarfs have all visited me this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts