Apparently I'm married to Steptoe . . .

We've been enjoying the last couple of weeks back by ourselves, getting ourselves into a routine again.  

Last weekend though, which was our first full free weekend, we did bloody nothing, just stayed at home and relaxed.  Saturday I just pottered around - catching up on washing,dusting, vacuming and general cleaning - at my own pace but it got done nevertheless.  On Sunday though, I just didn't seem to move at all.  By lunchtime I had no energy whatsoever and felt so blah, that I ended up going back to bed and basically wrote the day off.  I have to say that does not happen to me very often.  The theory is that my body finally gave in - nothing to stress or worry about - and MADE me rest.  Just what I needed obviously because come Monday I was so in to it.   I was just so alert, happy, felt so healthy and best of all I was 100% energised and it felt just awesome.

 Well, wouldn't you know.  We got rid of one houseguest and ended up with another.

No kidding.

I got up one morning, went to fill the jug, looked out the window and what the dang is that.
   



I know I was still half asleep but I had to have a closer look . . .



Yep.  That's a chook alright.  And Mr T did what he does with all animals, because they're just so cute he can't resist - he fed it.    

We don't know where she came from, there's no chooks around the neighbourhood that I know of but she was with us for a few days.  I'd just arranged for Nick & Janelle to take her (I'd call her Matilda by that stage)  and wouldn't you know it, that day we came home and she was gone. 
 

She certainly didn't starve while she was with us and I just hope that she found her own way home and it wasn't a dog or kid that chased her away.

The kitchen is coming along well.  Once we get the main U shape finished then we will get that put in and then the other units will be added as time permits.  We're running out of room down at the workshop, so it has to get finished.  So yesterday, we went down to the workshop and we started stripping off the rest of the cupboard doors.
 



Done a bit of paint stripping in my day so it was no worry for me.  


So now all that's left to be done is just the front panel and around the oven area.

Trust me there is still plenty of cupboards, drawers and pantries to do but we will have a better picture of the rest of the layout once the main unit goes in.



I am beginning to think I'm married to Steptoe.

 Last Thursday going home from work Mr T had this big grin on his face.  Not so unusual seeing as it's Thursday night and the start of our kidfree days.  But this was something else and I knew he was waiting  for me to ask.

Okay, whats up?

I bought a spa.

You what!

We installed a door today and the woman had a spa sitting in her driveway.  I asked her if she wanted me to take it away for her.  She said yes.  $50.

So now I have a Hot Springs Spa Pool sitting in the workshop, next to my kitchen.  

I have to admit it's pretty damn good though.  Obviously it will need to be stripped and restained and the inside a bloody good clean as it's just been left to the outside elements without any cover.





But it's a pretty good damn deal if you ask me.  The bonus is - it works!  He had to replace a couple of switches and a plug but it goes.  Even the light in the pool.



We still have quite a bit of decking leftover and it will be going alongside the garage, in the top photo.

So the question is people - does the kitchen come before the spa, or the spa before the kitchen.


I tell you there is never a dull moment in our house.

Ciao.

Comments

  1. Kitchen before spa any day!! I'm not a spa person though so that makes me biased. I'd want my kitchen in for sure though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchen for sure!
    We have a spa, so I can vouch for the kitchen.

    What a shame your friendly chook didn't stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitchen so Mr T can cook you a lovely dinner while you enjoy the spa. Up for lunch this weekend. if so what day suits you better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a bargain that spa is...actually its a steal !!!

    But kitchen first !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work - I would say spa before kitchen !!! But maybe look at which will be the quickest - get that out the way and then do the other (so thinking the spa will be quicker !!)
    I love having days like you had on the weekend !
    Have a great day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunday is good for us, will txt you where :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the spa and the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts