Midweek update . . .

Yesterday my perfume arrived.  I'd temporarily forgotten about it as I'd ordered last week and I try to rest my brain over the weekend.

It's Estee Lauder - White Linen.  I suppose if I was to have a signature perfume it would be this.   



At the moment I'm badly  in need of a haircut.  Not to mention a bit of color.  I'm starting to look a bit salt and peppery.   My son Nick told me the other day I was looking a bit grey.  Told him it was all his fault.  I was fine till I had him then went gray and blind!!!!!!  It sucks being short too, it means everyone looks down on me and can see my graying roots long before me.  He said I should leave it gray.  yeah right.  I don't mind being 51, doesn't mean to say I have to look it though. 



So as I said in the last post - I caught Mr T out.  He'd started to take the kitchen out.  So obviously I wasn't able to take a proper before picture but I probably have one somewhere on hand.  I do know I've got pictures of the whole house, each room when I bought it, and the difference I can tell you is quite amazing.  The house was built in the 1950's and the wood is native rimu and matai.

Anyhow when I saw these photos I thought eeww yuck.  It looks even worse.  Funny what you get use to when you live in it day to day - you get accustomed to your surroundings.  I even wasn't going to post these but then hey, the aftershots are going to be a lot better than the befores right.  Besides I will have a lot more natural light coming in.  But omg look at that lino.  Cringe, cringe.



He's cut away the wall on an angle to the right and he will be taking out most of the wall to the left once he's moved the wiring.  
When it's finished it will just open the two rooms and allow more natural lighting in.


 So now to keep me focussed and remind me where we're heading - you can get a pretty good idea of where  we're heading from the pics below.  From the oven all the way round  and there won't be a gap under the island.  It's been shortened.






 And only the unit with the slider is going in.  We want to open as much of the wall as possible. 
 


So far he's doing a couple of hours a day and not doing too bad a job. I just need to get use to the dust and the disruption, hopefully for not too long.

But at the end of the day I just can't wait till it's finished, and as I said to Mr T - now you've started, you can't stop.

Ciao.
 



Comments

  1. Your hair didn't look that bad lol, but then I am a shorty as well so maybe thats why I didn't see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm I am one of those shorties too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts