Just why can't anything be easy for once . . .

Well I had a crap weekend.  Literally a crap weekend !!!!!

I got home from work and Mr T told me we had a sewerage drain was blocked and it had overflowed and gone into the downstairs garage.

He spent the weekend cleaning out the crap, he didn't want me down there, I'm glad but I did feel guilty.  

On top of that the drain in the kitchen blocked as well and ended up flooding the kitchen.  Yes definitely something wrong with the plumbing.  

Over the weekend I did limited washing, I had to do wash his clothes and I had to wash the towels that had been used to mop up the floor.  I washed the dishes in about four inches of water.  I felt quite depressed at the weekend.

I made up my mind on Sunday night that I'd take Wednesday, Thursday, Friday off work to catch up on a few things both at home and the workshop.

Positives so far are:

  • The rest of the wall has been taken out
  • The electrician has been rewired
  • and the plumber will be out on Thursday to replumb my dishwasher  (and also sort out my blockage)
  • the plumber who I got out on Monday unblocked the toilet drain and he didn't charge us!!!!  He wants some aluminium joinery for his house - so Mr T ended up going to his place to do a measure up for him.  I tell you these tradespeople know how to do the bartering.

So I will sign off for now as I've got to clear my desk before I go.  I'm hoping my 5 day break will help me see the sunshine again.  

Ciao

PS:  I should say to that we were still able to flush the toilet, we just did it as little as possible.


Comments

  1. OHHHHH YUKKKKKKK.... say no more lol - enjoy your break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUKKK !!!!!

    Glad all sorted...enjoy your days off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there with a blocked toilet. Gross as.

    I hope this weekend is going better Chick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts