Still hanging in there . . .

The last couple of weeks have been rather trying  . . . to say the least, but progress is being made, albeit slowly. 

I just about through my hands up in disgust and wanted to cry on Saturday when water started leaking from the holding tank in the ceiling. 

I should explain that our water is gravity fed and we have a big tank under our verandah that fills the tank in the roof.  When the plumber was our fixing a few things on Thursday, switching the water on and off and draining etc, the ballcock in the holding tank got stuck and overflowed.  This is not the first time this has happened and luckily the ceiling has to be replaced anyway.  We've talked about getting switched over to main supply, which will improve the water pressure no end.  So the good thing is that I chose the right plumber.  He wants new joinery, and he wants to do a deal.  So - we'll get him to switch us on to mains.  I just hope we won't have to wait too long.  I keep listening for water. 

*Rant ahead*

My days off were sabotaged.  Josh's mum decided to go away for the weekend.  I said fine, he can go to his mothers a couple of days earlier then to make up for it and give us a bit of a breather .  She phoned up and came up with a cockamamey story about how she has to go places and she's got to go see her other son in Hamilton, blah, blah, blah.   It didn't help she was pissed as a chook and slurring all her words.  It probably didn't help either that I was on my second glass of wine and cracked the shits big time.  I tell you what - it felt damn good.  Sick and tired of playing her little games.  Poor Mr T got stuck in the middle cause I refused to talk to her and gave the phone to him, but I still ranted around in the background loud enough for her to hear.  Blurted out how sick I was of being used, taken for granted, being everyone's cash cow, taking every other parents f- ups and fixing.  So I said stuff it Josh can stay with us full-time, I'll get in touch with WINZ, IRD and tell them.  Josh definitely wants to stay with us fulltime.  She hasn't a leg to stand on.  WINZ threatened to cut her benefit last year because they realised that Josh was with us most of the time and they had been paying her for 50/50 care.  After talking about it we agreed to write a letter to WINZ stating that though the custody agreement we have Josh over 75% of the time, as he has gotten older that this arrangement had become more flexible and balanced out to a 50/50 arrangement.   We did this purely in his best interests. He would be the one to suffer. 

Her response was to phone back, which we didn't answer , and to leave abusing me, saying I had a problem etc.  I do actually, and it's her.  She then left another message on my cellphone crying, saying she doesn't want to fight, but she's worried about her son in Hamilton and I don't understand, blah, blah, blah.  Get over it woman, your tricks may have got you away with a lot before but your numbers up.

Rant over.   

Okay here's the wall out.
 I'll be glad to see the back end of those colors I can tell you.



As you can tell it's really opened up the dining lounge area, making it more sociable and open plan.







And Mr T's other project . . .   his $50 spa pool.

It works!!!!!  Brilliantly.  They fired it up at the workshop the other day to check it out and apart from one small leak, everything works.  Total extra cost - $25.  We will restain the outside as well but still a bargain.

She's a biggie - with a back massager too.




He took this to show me - "even the light works huney".    He is so pleased with himself.   So now all it needs is a jolly clean.  Which reminds me of a little story to share.
 

I told him we'd get baking soda on to some of the problem spots.  When I was at the workshop last week  I walked over to check out and lo and behold in the bottom of the spa was a packet of BAKING POWDER.  I couldn't stop laughing, he'd got the powder confused with the soda and was wondering why it wasn't working.  A bit of a mere male moment most definitely.

UPDATE:   When I got home last night Mr T had spent the day at home installing the main part of the kitchen.    More photos's to follow.









Comments

  1. How frustrating having to deal with the ex wife! She sounds just delightful - NOT! Josh is lucky he has you & his Dad.

    You are not going to know yourself once that kitchen is in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see more pics, will have to come visit when it is all done - LOL at Mr T, at least he tried :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh hope all gets sorted out for Josh's sake.

    wow kitchen is on the move....and the spa works...(including the light !!)

    Looking forward to more pics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts