Three steps forward, one step back . . .

Well things are still  pretty busy.  Mr T has work booked up for the new year which is great.  January is always the toughest.

 

After getting all ducks lined up to have a catch up in Auckland this week, we hit a hole in the road on Friday.  Mr T & J were doing a delivery out of town, going up a steep hill, went to change gears and . . .  nothing.   So there they were - stranded.  He rolled the truck back off the road and phoned me.  The service between here and Paengaroa is not great.  He kept cutting out.  I got the gist of what happened and tow truck and then he cut out.  So of course I panicked, which I do really well, had only half the information but I called the tow truck and sent them out.  Mr T then managed to climb to the top of the hill and he was able to phone me back where I learnt that I’d sent the truck in the wrong direction.  OMG.  Lucky he phoned back.  Anyway managed to get it sorted and put them in the right direction.  A couple of hours later he was back and everything was good.  Unfortunately the truck’s gear box is stuffed.  It’s going to be a week or two before its back on the road which means I won’t have my vehicle.  He’s also lost two days so he has to make them up which means we can’t get away on Thursday.  Hopefully I might be able to catch up with Nannette in Tauranga instead.

I’m starting to keep a food journal for myself as I got on the scales and got a fright when I saw them inching back upwards.  I’m very inspired with Michelle over at primal journey.  She’s also got a facebook page and is doing videos on you tube.  

I didn't get to do much grocery shopping at the weekend so supplies are dwindling.   So I had a piece of honey glazed chicken left over from last nights dinner, two eggs (which I nuked in the microwave) four cherry tomatoes and two strawberries.  It did the trick.  






I'm so over teenagers at the moment.  I swear I'm going to throttle him real soon.  Another reason I was really looking forward to a break away.  It's the backchat, the dirty room, the ATTITUDE, the laziness, going to his dad when he can't get what he wants from me etc, etc, and not to mention the pity party for myself that I still have at least another three years of this ....

Now I know why I like a vino.  It helps keep me sane.

Ciao for now.

Comments

  1. Oh Lee-Anne - I certainly get your three steps forward and one back - at the moment I feel like we are doing one step forward three steps back !!! But, you will get there in the end and so will we.
    I know what you mean about teenagers (although K is now 21 sometimes she gives me attitude like a teenager !!!) - if only I could remember giving my folks so much grief maybe I would be more accepting of it but I don't remember giving them half as much trouble as we get from K !!!!
    I hope that your week is a good one and that you have a good weekend when it gets here !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. This kid is the last of 6 so I guess I'm just a bit tired. I know I never talked back to my parents, didn't always agree but the one thing was always there. That was respect. So I guess that what bugs me the most.

      Onn a different subject have you heard of xero?

      Delete
  2. Know what you mean about teenagers, the laziness really pisses me off...... Steph is going to partially move out, I wish she either would or wouldn't. Am over it, anyway lunch soon, let me know when you are free :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes got to love those teenagers. What's more, I seem to end up with the whole neighbourhood half the time. To be fair mine are generally pretty good although Samyson is not too keen on not getting his own way and will either sulk or get shitty and rude - after 16 years you would think he would have worked out that if he gives me attitude I will definitely NOT change my mind. Most of the time their rooms look like the drawers exploded, then they tidy up and all is well for 5 minutes. I have given up on their rooms but they have to tidy up after themselves in the rest of the house - which can be a battle sometimes.

    I like the food diary idea, I think I should try that - I can' then forget that I have eaten a chocolate bar already today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send me the bottle of vino…I'll join you.
    I use my trackers, when I being good…on a binge at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you do get to see Nannette and Brad, they are both just lovely.
    Teenagers. Yep. I want to kill both of mine all the time, and Griffin isn't even a teenager yet.
    I think it doesn't help when one has already done 'teenagers' 6 times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts