Week that's gone . . .

Well it's been a great one.

It was Mr T's birthday on Saturday.  

Since it was such a glorious day we decided to go to the Mount for lunch.  It was nice to get out just the two of us for a change.  It's been a long time and I've missed our childfree weekends.

The Mount was lovely and busy.  I spent all Christmas holidays at the Mount right up till I was about 15.  It's a fabulous place in the summertime.  But it's certainly changed a lot - there was definitely no high rise buildings - it was just the kiwi baches.  Gosh so many memories.  My first boyfriend, my first real KISS.  I can remember not breathing, then I twigged you breathe through your nose twit.  It was the perfect place to be a teenager.


 Mr T wanted steak so we found a nice restaurant and bar and we had celebratory birthday toast. 




 Afterwards we went and had a walk along the beach.




 Then Mr T decided he wanted to go and have a soak in the hot saltwater pools.  We had to get a private one as we hadn't come prepared. 






 After we got out of the pool we got a call from Kelly saying that Josh had been out hunting with Dave and grabbed some stinging nettle and was pretty sore.  So that ended our trip and we may our way home.  

But it was a good break for us and for the very first time ever - all 6 kids phoned to wish him a happy birthday.  He was so chuffed. Normally at least one has the pip and know how ignoring a birthday can hurt.  Hopefully its a good sign for the future.

Did the housework, some gardening and mowed the lawns on Sunday while Mr T went to work.

Monday was another gorgeous day and we went back to the Mount this time to catch up with the lovely Nannette and Brad.  We headed over to Tauranga and sat and had a chat at Starbucks, then we headed over to Welcome Bay where we caught up with the lovely Jules.


We spent a couple of hours chatting away quite merrily.  Funny how bloggers can meet for the first time and chat away so easily.

Poor Brad was a little bit "off colour".  Still trying to find his sea legs.  Poor Nannette has had to consume her daily drinks package but also his as well.  The things we do for love.  Oh well.





We dropped Brad and Nannette back at the dock and headed off home. 

It was a great week and it was great meeting the girls.

But that photo was a wake up call for me.  

I'd already decided last week to get back on track but now I'm quite driven.  

I started blogging to help me lose weight and get support from those who were doing the same.  This will be the main focus of this blog again.  I'm going to do it.

 See you soon.

Ciao.

Comments

  1. I am with you hun…
    I started blogging for support as I lost weight …I need that support again.

    Lets do it again….

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg THAT is so funny about Brad! Nannette was worried she would get sea sick and it's Brad who is!
    Too funny.... sorry Brad.
    I don't think you look bad at all Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee-Anne... I am sooooooooooooooo with you on this one... I am now back home and cringe at all the photos with me in them. I was determined to enjoy our trip and so i did... and gained over 4kg :(
    I am still swaying from the motion (I think thats what it is) and have decided its time to get my shit together. Both with the drinking and the eating. It was so good to meet you all :) And who knows... we may just be back!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts