Who do we try to kid . . .

Obviously ourselves.  

We know the scales are going up, the clothes are a little tighter but we ignore it, it's not that bad.  Then you catch a photo of yourself, or a glimpse in a mirror or a window.  Holy shit.  That's not me!!!!  OMG.   How did that happen.

That was me when I saw the photo on the last post with the girls.  I was so disgusted with myself.  I almost didn't recognise me - but the camera doesn't lie.  I'm positive that's not the face that looks back at me in the mirror.  But the camera doesn't lie.  It is me.  And I look bloody awful.  

So you want to know what the scales said last week.

81.6

I don't have any time to go on a pity trip.  So even though I'm disgusted with myself I'm back on track knowing if I do this properly I can turn it around.

Being a short arse any extra weight gain looks twice as bad on me.

So this is what I'm going to do.  Three things for now.

  • I'm going primal - no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. 
  • Try to drink at least 2 litres of water per day. 
  • Limit wine.

 I've been doing the above for the last week.  Apart from the suishi I had on Saturday I've been very good.

 

I eat only twice a day, I'm not snacking at all in between meals.  My lunch I fit on a bread plate.  Half my dinner plate is veges and my protein about the size of my palm.  I eat my veges first then I'm struggling to eat the rest.  

Today the scales told me 

80.3

To be honest I was expecting more.  But then again prior to last week I was probably eating about 60 - 70% primal anyway which is probably why it's been a bit easy for me.  

My immediate goals are

  • To get to 75kg before Christmas.
  • To get to 70kg by my 52nd birthday (4th February)

My goal after that would be around 62kg which I would be happy with.  

So I'm back to blogging about weight loss and this is mainly about my journey getting there.  

So I hope you will join me and maybe we can help each other or just be there for support and encouragement.

Ciao

Comments

  1. Good luck! Oh I remember those days of the slow weight gain and great denial until you realise nothing fits or you see a photo. There are many days I wish I could lose more weight but have to remember that losing and keeping off 15 kilos is OK too. Maybe over the summer I'll drop a little more? We'll see but keeping it of is pretty good.

    Stick at it, I'm living proof that you can live this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind you 100% girl!
    WE can do it.
    Though I'm not cutting out all the carbs. I'm going to balance, and portion control.
    ONWARD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the great start!!!
    I am with you girl.... my scales told me alot higher than that this morning :( We'll get there !!!
    Time to get my arse into gear and start blogging and 100% commit myself to healthier living. Cutting back the wine is going to be my major thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts