Here's to 47, married and 62 kgs ....

Four years ago I was 42, single and 62 kgs.

Now I'm 46, married and around 14 kgs heavier.

I've always been better at losing weight and maintaining when I'm single. When I only have to be accountable to myself then I'm fine. Probably because I don't feel the need to cook the meat and three vege type dinners. I'm more happy with something quick and simple. Mr T is a big meat man. He use to do a lot of cooking in the early days - and he use to dish up big meals. Slowly I got use to eating bigger meals. I also got use to coming home in the evening, getting dinner started and then sitting down with Mr T and discussing the day's events over a drink or two.

Can you see the bad habits forming. I figure if it wasn't for my constant attempts to keep on "starting over" I'd be a little buddha by now.

For the past couple of years I've been trying to find the "balance" to be able to "have my cake and eat it too" kind of a lifestyle because next year I want to be 47, happily married and 62 kgs. Love, happiness and lifestyle.

I watched a programme on tv on sunday called The Perfect Age. Well they figured it out to be around 47. That's me baby. This is my "prime time". I fully intend to enjoy it. We're suppose to have less hassles, be more financially stable, have a grown family, more likely to be successful, right brain power, exercise and attitude levels.

So the journey keeps on going. To smaller portions, less alcohol (which I have cut back already - but not completely lol), LESS STRESS and more exercise - gotta up the energy levels.

I raise my glass of water to you.

Cheers.


Well Mr T got the computer sorted last night and loaded the camera software again. So finally people, some photos. I have heaps more to load.


We've been really busy at the workshop lately so we've turned to Child Labour to do the cleaning. And they do it with a smile too.












However, I did not have a smile on my face when I got home and saw the mess their bedrooms were in.








They won't be saying to me that they're bored and what can they do again for a long, long, long, long time I can assure you.

Comments

  1. LOVING the pictures! I can remember the days when my bedroom looked like that ..... and I didn't care!
    Now, I can't stand to have a towel out of place or the bed not made!
    I guess we all grow out of it at some stage huh? Small consolation for you now though I bet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, it is much easier to lose weight whenyou are on your own, and gosh how quickly I form bad habits, cause I do like the odd wine and cheese and biscuit, along with an occasional takeway, life is just not fair, I was born with the wrong genes, well thats my theory and I am sticking to it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I blame Stew for 60 kilos!!!! Kids, would rather do ANYTHING than clean their bloody rooms! Are you and Colin coming to me party? Can't remember if you said yes or maybe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of our daughters was so grotty has a teenager, I used to cringe. Now she is a neatness freak.

    I'm like you in that I have constant attempts to start over - LOL and like you would be a really buddha by now if I didn't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts