One of the best days in a long time . . .

Today is a day to celebrate. 

Today I have my car back.  For good. 

Today marks the return of "back to normal" or how it was before the accident.

Let me explain.  It's been a long journey.

Mr T wasn't able to drive for about two months after his accident.  That meant I was the chief chauffeur doing all the running around.  Then as he started to improve he had my vehicle as it was power steering and automatic.  Which the truck is not.   He only had a 14% grip on his left hand and the gearstick was a bit stiff.  So having my vehicle meant he could still get out and about and do measure ups and quotes etc.  We still had to keep our business ticking over.

The downside of this though was instead of him starting at 7.30 am he was now starting at 8.30 am as he had to drop me and Josh off.  Not a good look when you are a tradesman.  Also a lot days he'd be ready to finish at 4pm but had to wait around till 5pm to pick me up.  So a drag there too.

For me it's been hard.  Not having a vehicle during the day means I can't get down to the workshop, can't do the little jobs that need to be done.  If I go to the supermarket, I have to be careful that I don't buy too much that I can't carry back to work.  I did that once.  I got excited one day (the word special or two for $$ tends to do that to me) cauli's, lettuces, pumpkin - 2 for $3, so I got two of each.  Got out of the supermarket and realised I didn't have my car.  You should try lugging 2 pumpkins, lettuces, cauli's and various other items for a length of time and not have your arms pulling out of their sockets by the time you get to your destination. 

The other side of the supermaket saga is now I have a great collection of Trelise Cooper bags - I knew I couldn't buy more than what I could fit in a bag. 

I will not be known as the bag lady anymore.

Last night Mr T picked me up and said the truck's all good.  I'll bring it home tomorrow.

Yay, I'm free. I'm happy, the sun is shining, everything looks brighter.

I'm normal again.

Comments

  1. ahhhh normal sounds great...good to hear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being independent is what I miss most now that I am not driving. How I hope it's temporary.

    I did reply in my comments as well.

    Hey! And thanks for reading my Blog I really appreciate that I have readers. When I began woth a fresh start this year I decided it was just for me and any interest from others was a good spin-off. I find I am writing for others as well now and love doing so.

    I though I'd pop in here and tell you about getting ketostix. I have given up on the chemist shops. I hadn't used ketostix in a while and had to order and they got in very expensive, separately wrapped in foil, just a few to a box. For goodness sake! Now I get mine on line from here. http://www.healthy.co.nz/product/712-ketostix.html They arrive so quickly I hardly have time to turn around. I don't test every day. There is now a question about the accuracy of the urine test but it seems like a good enough guide for me.

    The crazy, (that's nice crazy), Americans are using something like a glucometer and very expensive test strips. Doing a blood test is best but not for me. There's a bit about this on Jimmy Moore's Blog. Here is the link to his current self experiment using the gadget.

    http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/jimmy-moores-n1-experiments-nutritional-ketosis-day-1-30/14409

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts