Super weekend . . .


What a great weekend. It was so good to see the sun shining. Although when I first got up it was pretty bleak.  There was low lying fog which didn't clear till nearly lunchtime.  But when it did it was just lovely. 

I got outside and started doing the gardening, Mr T helped me put my roses in and then he painted the verandah which looks lovely and fresh now.  My spring bulbs are now flowering quite abundently and I'm pleased to see that they have multiplied quite a bit.  I now only have about two tiny gaps to fill.  If the weather stays fine this weekend I'll grab some potted colour to put in and bring it to life more.  

I got adventurous in the kitchen as well.  Made a lovely curry chicken which was absolutely delish that I might just make another one tonight.  I also made a pizza with a caulifour base and it was amazingly filling that I'll be making that again for sure.


With the milder weather comes the barbies - steaks and salads, outdoor living,  I cannot wait.  Last year was such a shite summer all up.  It was over before it even really began.
 
I'm sure this year will be nicer to us. 

Comments

  1. I love pizza and make the almond/egg recipe (on my blog). I have made the cauliflower one too.

    Oh yes, bring on summer!! I can't wait for the BBQs, wine and long evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to summer too... I think! I don't like being hot any more, not after 7 years of hot flushes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts