Monday . . .



A very original title I agree.

Being a short week, last week went pretty fast.  Unfortunately so did the weekend.  

Had lunch with Jackie and David yesterday which was really nice.  Always great to catch up and our hubbies get on too so it's always  lovely.

I went through a little crisis a while ago that I thought I'd share.  Mainly because my blog is my diary as well and it's good to have these things written down. 

 A couple of months ago I was starting to get a bit scared that I might have been pregnant. After having my periods every 2 - 3 weeks it was nearly 7 weeks late.  I have friends that are change of life babies.  I can't tell you how I felt.  Some happy thoughts, some very selfish thoughts and then I worried about the baby's health with being older, 51,  the extra risks and also FAS.  Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.  I've made no secret that I love my vino so that really scared the crap out of me.  

In my 20's and 30's I never drunk.  It wasn't until my late 30's and early 40's that I started drinking socially again.  Babies were far from my mind, after all I was down to my last two years of school lunches and rubbing my hands in glee.  

Then fate stepped in and his name was Mr T.  He had four children.  Two older and two much younger.  Josh 6 and Krystal 9 to be exact.  So instead of being at the end of my school lunch days I was starting them all over again at the beginning.  Now with Josh 15 and I'm seeing the end of the school lunches again was fate going to step in again.

Thankfully no.  My period arrived the morning after I'd blurted out to Mr T my fears of  being pregnant.  But we did talk about it and we both had different views.  I probably would of terminated - not Mr T.  For babys health and also for selfish reasons.  But I figured Mr T probably would have talked me around.  He's funny like that.  He knows how to make things right.

At the same time, one of the people I work with  his baby was born. She was 35 weeks prem and there were a few complications which are now fine.  This was an IVF baby and this was their last chance.  They had already lost 3.

I felt pretty stink  I can tell you.  Definitely not mum of the year.

Thankfully I never had to make a decision.  

I think it's an extremely personal one.  I think I would have gone ahead no problems so long as I was guaranteed everything was fine healthwise.

What would you do.

Now that I've written it down I'm not sure I want to post it.  Seems like I've just rambled. 
 

I'll try to lighten the topic.

Here's what my kitchen looked like when arrived from Auckland.
 Mr T picked it up the weekend of the storm, he covered it with tarp and tied it down really good and then got the large roll of cling and wrapped it up so no water could get in.
 





There's an awful lot of kitchen in there.  I bet you would like to see it set up -  so would I - but he won't let me see it just yet.




And lastly a little video of Sophia.   I had it on my facebook page but just in case you missed it.  Here it is.

This was taken last weekend at our family get together.


Comments

  1. Pregnant at 51... I would terminate.
    I've already raised three families~!

    Your little granddaughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for lunch, it was so nice to get out and about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what I'd do. I do know that I went to get the morning after pill at that age and I'm sure the chemist lady thought I was nuts... like I couldn't get pregnant at that age but hey, I wasn't going to risk it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! How petrifying. I know what decision I would make in theory but if it became a reality that isn't as easy. I am glad you didn't have to make it.

    I bet you can't wait until your kitchen is installed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...pregnant at 51....nope not for me, I would have freaked !!

    Loved the little video...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew.... I can imagine your relief! It would scare me too!
    I popped over to see how the kitchen was going actually.. wasn't expecting that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts