I didn't get to strip afterall ....

Neither did I get my bedroom suite. I ended up with a new washing machine & dryer and a couple of 14” t.v.’s

Our washing machine packed up last year and we’ve been using Jamie’s instead. Of course now he’s gone he snuck home on Friday and took it. Along with Josh’s t.v. which either belonged to him or Kelly. The point is he didn’t need either as he has no where to live and it’s just in storage. I’m afraid he has burnt his bridges, his dad is ropable and I’m just disgusted.

Saturday morning we woke up and decided we had better get into town and get a new washer and dryer (the old one was packing up too) before the bad weather hit. After a bit of a wait because their computers were down we ended up with a washing machine, dryer and two telly’s for just over $1100. By the time we got home I knew there was no way I was going to get him to go looking for a bedroom suite.

Instead we ended up getting dvd’s, a couple of roast dinners, cranked the fire up and snuggled down waiting for the storm to hit. Which didn’t happen. We missed out on the storm of the decade.

Sunday we woke up bright and early and his lordship was ready to get started. He wanted everything done right then and then. Hellooooo. I don’t think so. We have to get the furniture out of the end room and move the bed in first. Done that. Then he expected me to get all the clothes out of the drawers and clear the wardrobes so he can start demolishing. Excuse me – where am I going to put the clothes. On the floor. I don’t think so. Well I want to get in and get started. Well it ain’t going to happen. I need somewhere to put the clothes in like my new bedroom suite and sort out the personal stuff I want to keep. This is 10 years worth of stuff. Yes I’ll declutter but it’s not something I can do in half an hour. So in the end he realized that it wasn’t going to happen as fast as he’d like. However I have emptied the bedroom. We have a couple of big drawers in Krystal’s hutch that we’re using and the rest can go into our big suitcases until I get my my new bedroom suite. We’re quite snuggly in Krystals room but not much room to swing a cat. Our room is quite big and once the fixed furniture has been removed it will be even bigger.

I will take some photos but I’m ashamed and don’t know if I will post them as it’s so dingy looking and the ceilings and curtains are yuck and old 70’s wallpaper. I look at it now and think how did I put up with it for so long. But no longer.

Well as I type this I’ve just gone online and seen that Kelly’s flight to Dubai is due to leave within the hour. After all the talking and the planning the day has arrived. We got together last night and the boys came round and had a few drinks, some laughs and we said our goodbyes for a while. Her boyfriend is taking her to the Airport. We’re all going to miss her and we know that it won’t be easy for her either. She’ll be totally out of her comfort zone, but it will still be the opportunity of a lifetime.

Col’s not saying much at the moment, I’ll just let him adjust to his little girl going away and give him a few extra cuddles.

It feels like a bit of a new beginning all round.

Ciao

Comments

  1. ohhhhh darn, no stripping ehhhhhh....soon then we will see some pics?

    Take care, and don't forget to give that man his extra cuddles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww hell, I love photos, think of how neat it will be to post 'before' and 'after' photos!!!! I EXPECT it! I have a lovely painting for you... am hoping we can meet up on the road so to speak when we are driving back up to Auckland on or around the last saturday in August so you can pick it up???? Maybe we can meet at Tirau for coffee... I'll keep in touch about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rembering back to when our daughter went overseas and it hurt like hell! I cried on and of for a couple of days, big sook that I am.

    Sorry to hear your shopping didn't go as planned. We got ready for the big storm as well, fire lit, candles on standby and it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts