Weekend Stripper ....

Woohoo, bring it on.

I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it …….


About three years ago I refinanced my house to pay out the ex and to do a few renovations/redecorating around the house plus a wee bit extra just in case the opportunity to purchase the business came up.

Everything went perfect and all went to plan. We went on one big shopping spree over the holidays while the sales were on and we bought a new shower, bath, vanity etc; along with gib board, paint, wallpaper etc. to redo our bathroom, bedrooms and the hall and entranceway.

The bathroom was a major mission as it was completely gutted, but six weeks later I had spanking brand new bathroom. My job was to strip the wallpaper in the hallway, entranceway and end bedroom. Which I did. But then it all stopped.

We bought the business. So began our 6 day weeks and no time left for anything let alone painting or sanding. The end bedroom finally did get finished though and also the room downstairs was painted, carpeted and new curtains hung. But nothing else.

This week we’ve been planning. We’re taking the WHOLE weekend off. Now that we have two rooms not occupied we’re going to move the furniture out of Krystals room and put it downstairs and move into her room – and attack our bedroom!!! We’re both looking forward to it and I know/hope it will get done fast as it’s easier to work with an empty room right?!!

This is all exciting because we don’t have a bedroom suite. Our bedroom has all the drawers built in. So they’re coming out. So I have to have somewhere to put my clothes don’t I. So tomorrow I get to pick out a new bedroom suite. Yes!!! Then of course I need a new duvet set and sheets, lol. Not to mention new curtains, lights ……

The exciting thing is that finally after 3 years my bedroom is finally going to get it’s makeover.

You know what else, food takes a back seat when you’re motivated towards something else.

Everybody take care this weekend too. Sounds like a bad storm approaching. Stay indoors and keep warm and dry.

Comments

  1. le-anne good for you happy stripping hate the hard work but just love the end result have fun
    bfn
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does that music go, ya know that stripping music ..... ????

    Have fun, and keep smiling.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love renovating - not the work - but the brand new look and the chance to buy new things. Enjoy. Love Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are having fun doing all of this - good luck !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun and something to look forward to!! Good to spoil yourselves:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here I was thinking you were off to see some raunchy show. lol

    You must have the patience of a Saint as I don't think I could wait three years to do anything. (patience is not one of my strong points) The up side is that you will appreciate it soooo much more as anything waiting for is often valued more then those things that come easily.

    Remember to take a few moments to snap some before and after shots for us and have fun shopping for the new b/suite and duvet. (great sales on at the moment)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts