A change of tact ....

Well a smaller loss this week of 400gms.

I’ve decided to switch to pounds instead of kgs for a bit. I think the psychological trick might spur me on as the numbers should come down faster. At least a pound a week.

The weeks been okay but could have been better. Had more carbs that what I intended too. I haven’t been having massive hunger cravings which is a good sign. I’ve been having lite snacks – cruskets with marmite on them – in the morning and afternoon and maybe an apple – to ward off any niggles I might have. So far so good it seems to be curbing my appetite. Next week might be a different story pre TOM but I’ll just have to ride it out and stay strong.

I’ve been really inspired by some of the losses lately in blogland. It makes me want to be a part of it all. The reality is that there is no reason why I can’t be. Discipline and organisation. I really do want to lose this weight. Enough is enough it’s time to go.

Not much else has been happening. Pretty much head down bum up. Went for my mammogram on Monday. I told them all about my mastitis and gave them all the details, then I went in the boob press, waited for the radiologist to have a look then she came back and said they needed to take more and I needed an ultrasound. My worst nightmare. So they took the second lot and she came back and said it was alright, that I didn’t need an ultra sound as it had come up clear. Phew. Anyhow it goes for a second opinion and if there’s any doubt I guess I’ll get a call back. So all good.

It’s been quiet in the office this week so I’ve made use of the time and done some study. I put through quite a bit yesterday and I’m rapt as it’s taken a bit of pressure off me. Just have one more proposal to do and a career plan and I’m up to date. What a relief.

Can I ask a question. Why is it so much easier for me to lose weight when I'm single?

I love my Mr T more than anything in the world. I don't plan on being single. I really need to figure this one out in my head.


I might need to do a post on this.

Comments

  1. It's the caveman thing... we need to lose weight and look our best to attract a mate.... once we have the mate we can relax! Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is also because we can eat what we want when single - not worry about cooking a meal all the time. I think most people will agree that it is harder to lose weight with a man in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep...much harder to lose when you have a man and family...wish we all had the focus we had when we were single.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A loss is good!

    Easier to lose when you only have to think about what you buy and eat and not worry about anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great way of thinking Lee_anne re: weighing-in in pounds!!

    Good on you too for having a mamogram done - it's something more of us women should have done...

    I think too that if you are an emotional eater then, when you are with a man, all the emotional crap we go through gives us more reasons to eat lol. When we're single, there is no one to give us a headache, frustrate us, disappoint us etc...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I may switch to pounds too - it makes it all sounds so much better LOL.

    Glad study is going well, I shall be joining you in the student ranks at the end of the year..

    NOT looking forward to ever having a mammogram - they sound hideous!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts