It's working ....

Every morning I'm having a bit of thrill getting on the scales and seeing the numbers going down even if its by a smidgen. I'm excited. Seeing a positive result is keeping me on track for the moment.

Yes I do weigh most mornings. I don't get upset when they go up. If they do then I normally know why they have. I weigh in mostly to keep me on the straight and narrow. If I went for a couple of weeks without weighing I could do an awful lot of damage - trust me I can. Even though my blog is more of a weight gain blog than a weight loss one - I could have piled on an awful lot more than what I am now.

I have to say I have been very inspired by the ladies who have had WLS and I'm just so excited for them with the wonderful results they are achieving. You girls are awesome and your new found zest for life is contagious. That's what I find very inspiring. I want to feel that euphoria of what "losing" does for you.

There are things too that we can take on board. Eat smaller meals. Small snacks in between. Eat SLOWLY. Chew your food more.

My eating has been fine. Except for last Thursday when I ordered pizza to go with the wine. Oh well, figured if I'm gonna have a blow out do it after weigh in then you have another week to lose it. Besides I think it's good to trick your metabolism.

Talking about tricking - that's what I did to Mr T last night. He's notorious for not eating his veges. If he dishes it up, he gets about a tablespoon and I get the rest. Otherwise he scrapes his plate before I can check. Last night I stirfried some veges, popped them into pita bread, sprinkled a bit of grated cheese on them, in the oven to melt - then fed them to Mr T. There was absolutely no meat!!!! Verdict. He loved them. I think we were both a bit shocked. Anyway, now I know he likes them he'll be getting more of them, because not only is it yummy but it's low in points and very filling.

Well that's me for now. Going to check on you girls and leave some comments.

Ciao

Comments

  1. Keep it up....
    I used to weigh every morning too..now?

    I am too scared to go near the scales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you are doing so well, wish I was doing as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finding a love of vegetables. How fantastic - that should make some meals a lot easier!

    And yay for the older news of being a Nana-to-be *hugs* and congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm that pita bread sounds good!! Might try that one on my kids!!

    Good to hear the scales are going down...it feels great huh!!

    Well done to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having to trick Mr T like we do with the kids!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work - both in seeing the scales moving down and getting Mr T to eat his veges!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts