Friday yeah .. going fishing

I’ve had a pretty good week and the scales are rewarding me. I’m really happy about that. All I’ve done is drink plenty of water and watched my portion sizes. I’ve also just had protein and salads for dinner. Now I hope I don’t go and stuff it up over the weekend with too much indulgence. I should be okay.

This time tomorrow I’ll be on the boat out at sea with my line in the water. The sea will be calm, the sky a beautiful blue and the sun warming me, relaxing with a coffee or an orange juice. That’s what I’m hoping for so please, don’t let it disappoint me.

The cars loaded, the boat is just about loaded. I’m finishing here at lunchtime and will zap into the supermarket and pick up a few groceries. Not much. I only plan on eating fresh snapper and salad. On the boat I only pack fresh fruit, crackers, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce etc and vogel bread. And coffee , water and orange juice.

So we’re hoping to get away around 2 o’clock which will give us plenty of time to get to Tapu which is past Thames somewhere. Haven’t been there before but apparently the fishing is good. We shall see. It’ll only take us about 20 mins to put up our tent and another 20 to set everything up. We’re not taking the kitchen sink this time.

So I figure around about 6 o’clock we’ll be relaxing outside the tent and enjoying a drink or two.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend and that the weather gods are nice to us.

I’ll update when I get back.

Ciao

Comments

  1. Ohh thats where my family always put their boats in, (well just down from Tapu at the all tides ramp.

    Good fishing? mmmmm sometimes and other times not. Have had some excellent snapper catches out at the muscle beds, but other times nothing.

    Hope they are biting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend - it sounds like heaven:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend, and catch a fish or 3, one of these fine weekends we will have to haul our boat out of the shed and do some fishing ourselves!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts