Beating the blues ...

Feeling a wee bit inspired today. Don’t want to feel blue anymore. I want to liven things up in my life. Make everything fun again. It’s so much easier to be optimistic and upbeat if you feel good from the inside out.

I admitted something to myself yesterday. I am a boredom eater. I’m not an emotional eater. In fact if I’m emotional I don’t eat. But when I have nothing to do – I eat. My weekends are a classic example. I eat probably half as much over the weekend because I have things to do and the best thing is I don’t even think about food. I’m more active too. But during the week, sitting in front of the computer, things quietening down I get restless, my mind wanders and all I can think about is food. I become obsessed with it. I’m not hungry but I still eat. It’s going to be like this for the next month until things kick off again. I’ll need to construct a boredom buster/distraction for myself.

Also with the extra walking I’ve been doing I’ve noticed my portion sizes are increasing slightly. Since I stopped drinking wine in the evening I get the munchies instead. I’ve got to get a grip on myself.

It’s all about taking control of oneself I suppose. I’ve realized nothing is going to happen if I don’t take control and no one else can do it for me but me.

Today I’ve brought my camera with me and I’ve been taking photos of what I’ve eaten. So far I’ve had brekky, morning snack and lunch. It is now 3pm and I was going to go get another snack (not because I wanted to either) then I read Anne’s blog and I thought no bugger it. I’ve been slack on the water, so since writing this I’ve nearly finished my second glass. Feel better too. Must be a mental thing.

I’m going to expose my bad habits one by one.

Right tonight I won’t be walking on the treadmill. I’m going to be doing some strength training instead, aka as stacking the wood. Yep. The wood’s arriving tonight. That’ll be a good workout.

Alrightey then, I’m outta here. Catch ya tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Snap!! A while back I realised I'm an boredom eater as well! I'm definately not an emotional one, emotions turn my tummy to mush and it's the one time I don't want to eat. Seem to have very simlilar traits here with you.

    Really like your thoughts on how it's easier to be optimistic if you feel good from the inside out. Food for thought for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts