Put on a happy face ....

Life’s like a bag of mixed lollies lately. Not sure what’s going to come out of the bag next.

There hasn’t been a lot of nice things to blog about lately.

Map my Run
I have mapped my walk and have it broken down into 5km markers. Hopefully this weekend if it is fine I will go for a nice long walk. I know that it will be different than walking on the treadmill so I’m looking forward to it. I’ll have my phone with me so I can txt Col if I feel like quitting. But I figure I could do a 15 km no problems. Kelly has decided to be my manager, lol and she says I should get sponsorship for every km I do. She says all the kids will sponsor me even if it’s $2 a km each. She’s already decided that I’m doing the full 21.1km walk on the 1st July. She plans on being there at every 5k to cheer me on and have water ready. I think it’s because she flies to Dubai on the 14th July and she’s going to miss the real thing.

I really can’t afford to slack off with my training now. If I was ever in any doubt that my pedometer doesn’t work properly then they’re gone now. Last week I had a couple of slack days and I was lucky to register over 6,000. So now I know moving my arse that bit extra does pay off.


Had a lovely break. We went down to Napier on Saturday and stayed the night on the farm and had a catch up with friends. On Sunday they wanted to take us to Blackbeach where they’ve leased a bit of land and show us their little bit of paradise. Yes we’re jealous. Fishing, mussels, crayfish and paua aplenty – who wouldn’t be if you loved seafood. A beautiful beach – lovely and private.

By the time we got back into Napier it was nearly 6 o’clock and Tina had booked us in to a lovely motel on Marine Parade. So we went and got some takeaways and some wine and settled in for the evening. It was so relaxing sitting outside on our balcony and listening to the waves and just chilling out. Not to mention the huge spa pool in our bedroom. We ended up looking like prunes.

The next morning we had a lovely lie in and sat out on the balcony and watched the world go by. It was devine. And so warm, it was like summer. I think I could live in Napier. Unfortunately the only thing I didn’t get to do was go shopping. We called in to see Tina, Dani and the kids before we headed off. They cooked us up a huge breakfast of paua, bacon, eggs and toast. Definitely am not use to eating a big breakfast. It filled me up for the whole day.

We had a nice leisurely drive home and got back around 4ish to begin the next series of unfortunate events. I kid you not.

Oh well, better go put on my happy face ….

Comments

  1. Oh {{hugs}} hope it sorts out for you soon.... Your weekend sounded so lovely and relaxing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh What a lovely weekend, it sounded devine.

    Hope all sorts itself out....smile darl...heres some big hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

    Try and keep the happy face on. Take care:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya to weekends away, bring on more I say! Glad you enjoyed your weekend, Stew and I did... and we managed to do a bit of shopping too! I do envy you the big breakfast! I was good. Doing lots of steps, how are you'rs going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was strolling down Marine Parade on Saturday looking at all the motels along that street, so when I read this post I could picture you and Col sitting on the balcony having a wine. Isn't Napier gorgeous!

    Hope your having a better week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts