Determination ....

Very.

I had another lightbulb moment last Friday which has only added extra fuel to my fire and my resolve to finally do something positive about losing weight. I’m a bit of a joke really – having a weight loss blog – only really it should be a weight gain blog.


I’m getting expert at making excuses about why I’m not losing weight. I’m older. My metabolism is not the same. I’m menopausal. I’m too busy. I’m so tired. Too much happening in my life.


So many excuses.


This week I am determined. Possibly a little angry with myself. This week I’m going to prove to myself that I can do it. I’m going to change the above excuses into positives.

I’m older but I will feel so much younger and have more energy .

My metabolism is not the same so I will have to speed it up.

I’m menopausal so I’ll have to get over it.

I’m too busy so I’ll have to plan better.

I’m so tired so I better get to bed earlier.

Too much happening in my life but I’ll be able to deal with it so much better if I eat healthy, and get exercise and plenty of sleep.


Times they are a changing.

Comments

  1. So many excuse we use eh? But in my defense some of them are unchangeable right now... but just wait till after my surgery! I hope you can effect those changes mate... we can do this ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could have been written by me! I'm still really struggling and felt really disheartened this morning when the scales were up 1.4kgs from yesterday - I kid you not!! and I was good yesterday. Anyway like you say I need to just get on with and deal with it so here goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really relate to this post. I think we are in a simlilar place. I've really mucked around the past couple of weeks, but yesterday had a brilliant day, no picking at all!

    As Chris said - we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can make all the excuses under the sun... only we know why we are picking and gaining...
    There is usually a way around every excuse.. and you have hit the nail on the head...
    sure you cant make it to Melbourne this weekend????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts