Girl on a mission . . .

It is cold. I do not like cold. I do not do cold. I wish it would go. And it will …. in exactly 83 days it will be spring. My spring flowers will be out lovely, colorful and scented. Not quite so nippy and the days a wee bit longer. But it’s 83 days away. Boohoo.

My scales don’t like the cold either. They work better at night time than first thing in the morning. It may be the batteries of course but then I remembered they were like that this time last year too. I switched them over to pounds from kilos too. I thought I’d try and use psychology on my brain. The numbers go down a lot faster in pounds, than they do in kilo’s. Don’t laugh, I know the numbers are bigger in pounds, but it works for me. For now. Last time I weighed I was about 162 lbs which I think is around 74 kgs. So I’m not losing heaps but I’m feeling that my shape is changing which is a good thing right.

This coming Sunday I have my 10 km walk which I have already mapped out. I did the 8 km one on Sunday and it wasn’t too bad. 1:36. I think I’ll take my camera with me this time. I might also have some company. The kids are getting behind me which is really great. I think a couple of them are planning on walking a 5km stint with me. I am quietly chuffed about this. I do love my kids. I’m especially enjoying this new maturity that is emerging.

Travel is something that is going to take up some of our time as well. Both here at home and overseas. An Aussie invasion is highly likely before the end of the year. The Melbourne bloggers meet would have been fantastic but unfortunately right at this time it is just not possible for many reasons. In the meantime next month I’m taking Col to Wellington for the weekend. We’ll have been together 4 years. We’ll fly down Friday afternoon and fly back Sunday evening. So if anyone’s around for a catch up let me know.

In other stuff life is still a bit of a rollercoaster and I presume it will continue that way for a while yet. However what has been brought home to me recently is that I am a survivor. I always have been. There are times when I look back and think how the hell did I ever cope or manage to do that – no way I could do that now. But the truth is I CAN do it if means that much to me. And everything that is happening in my life definitely does mean that much and that much more to me.

I bought Josh some clothes on Sunday. He’s really into the “army” scene at the moment so everything is armylike. Picked up a pair of trousers from the Warehouse that he loved – one day on and the dome fell off and the zip broke. So I had to swear that I’d promise, 50 times nearly, to take them back and change them because they are his favourite and the best he’s ever had. I don’t normally buy clothes from the Warehouse but they’re always pretty good at exchanging stuff.

So I better go and keep my promise.

Ciao.

Comments

  1. Ohhhhh please give me plenty of time to organise time off, flights etc when you do come to Aus... Thats if you are coming to Melb...
    I would love to meet up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time in Wgton, while not as warm and sunny as the bay, still a great place to go for a weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wellington sounds like it is going to be fun. Scales are terrible for disliking the cold aren't they... silly buggers. I like the way the pounds look so much better too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts