A little experiment ....

But first I have to tell you I lost 1.7 lbs this week. I am a very happy girl and yes I’m still very determined that next week is going to be just as good if not better.



Now about this little experiment. I’ve said that one of my excuses is that my metabolism is slower now that I’m older. Well yes probably that is a factor. But let’s also take into account I sit on my backside in front of a screen all day. Up until the tready started getting a bit of use again I use to come home from work, fluff around a bit getting dinner and other things done and then usually just end up on my butt again. So yeah no wonder the ole metabolism’s slow and I have no energy. I simply don’t move.



Since I got my pedometer I have been averaging between 12 and 15k steps a day. And there’s been the odd day that I’ve struggled and done only 6,000 or so. Now I’m married to Mr Skinny. Mr Skinny is just that - skinny. Last time I’m going to call him that tho cause he prefers the word slim. Anyhow he’s on his feet all day. He never stops moving. When he’s on the phone – pacing, when he’s thinking something through – pacing, he’s the energizer bunny he just keeps going and going and going.



I’ve always been curious as to how many steps he would clock up in a day. So last night we decided he should wear my pedometer today. He reckons he’d do over 20,000. I’m pretty sure he would and then some.



When we were on our honeymoon he put on 5k. Simply because he slowed down and ate lots. So he can put on weight and quite fast too. But it was gone in a couple weeks when things went back to normal.



So I’m going to be very curious to see what number shows up tonight. I’m thinking it might give me that extra bit of gas to push myself further and aim for maybe 15,000 steps a day.


I just hope he doesn’t lose it down the loo or somewhere.


Anyhow I’m going to get myself a little treat today. Just a small bunch of flowers to match my bright sunny mood.

Comments

  1. First of all - great effort with the loss!!

    Second - my husband is just like yours, skinny, slim - whatever. He reckons he is always on the go - but wore the podometer one day and only clocked up just under 5,000 steps.

    I feel my metabolism has slowed as well - but like you most of my day is sitting. Unless I push myself my steps would be lucky to hit around 3,000 steps.

    Enjoy your flowers:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the loss..... you sound really happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooooo awesome loss, well done!!!

    Flowers, mmmmm been a long time since I (or anyone else for that matter) bought any!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just caught up with your blog - lovely wedding and honeymoon! What is the name of that wonderful resort?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts