Weekend roundup ....

Well, I have to tell you I couldn't wait to give Mr T his pressie on Thursday. I think he couldn't wait to get it either cause he beat me home from work. Lol. I have to say both the card and the pressie were a big hit. The card has been thrashed and amazingly still works. For his birthday I got Mr T a bait tray for the back of the boat. I know it probably doesn't sound very exciting to you but Mr T was over the moon. It gives us a lot more room to move about in the boat and not worry about tripping over knives and fish etc.... Anyhow suffice to say he really loved his present especially since it meant he'd be going fishing!!!!!


Unfortunately for me it meant early morning wakeups. Only time I can get him out of bed early. But I didn't see why I had to suffer. But the boat had to come out of the lockup, started up, gassed up, etc. etc. and of course the bait tray had to be assembled. Unfortunately the day ended up a bit hectic for Mr T and he didn't get around to putting it on the boat so we left it till next time and just headed over to Tauranga.

Booked into our normal motel over there, rushed out to get a few things from the supermarket for lunch the next day, grabbed Subway for dinner and went back to our room. Finally it was time to relax and no better way than a nice soak in the pool.





Mr T's bedroom look. Actually he'd just been checking out the marine forecast.



So next morning up bright and early, too damned early if you ask me. I pretended to be asleep until the thumping, toilet flushing, banging got too much. It didn't take us long to load the boat and get organised and 45 mins later we were on the water.

We headed out to sea and ended up on the reef. There were quite a few other boats out there and day seemed quite pleasant. Very choppy though. In fact the boat never stopped rocking and for the first time I got quite seasick. I deserve a medal though cause I toughened it out for nearly 4 hours before I said enough is enough take me into the harbour.

The fishing was not good. Mr T hooked a kingi but it ended up taking his line. Then we both caught a couple of barracutta's. Bloody awful things. They have some mean looking teeth. Damn scary. So after that I said Mr T take me into calmer water. We headed into the harbour and only succeeded in catching seaweed. So then I changed my mind again and said lets go just outside the harbour entrance. By the time we got out there it was about 2 o'clock and it was starting to turn into a really lovely day and my motion sickness disappeared. We had a few nibbles but no fish. But then nobody else looked like they were catching anything anyway. So we just put our lines out, relaxed and watched the world go by. It was lovely.

Watched a couple of freighters come into the harbour .... out at sea





coming past the Mount....



Where's your hat Mr T!!!!!




I've got mine on. Okay, so I'm not going fishing to look glamourous.



Maybe I will treat myself to something a bit nicer.

We ended up about 9 hours out on the water. No fish, but it's such a good feeling sitting out there on the ocean and a wonderful way to relax. When it's not choppy of course.
All in all we had a nice break away, our last one till christmas as everything is full on.

Will load some more photos hopefully tonight.

Here's one of Josh. He's army, army, army. Likes having his photo taken - the poser. Just as well I have a jungle out the back. He blends in quite well.



I'll update last week's result next post.

Ciao.

Comments

  1. What a great present. Hopefully it will be up and installed by the next fishing trip. Where we expect to see you in a glamorous sun hat LOL.. You look great - you don't need a fancy hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with your hat! And I do so envy you the fishing! Even if you didn't catch any! Being out on the water is BLISS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too keen on choppy waters! Ideal pressie for your man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab way to spend the weekend, sun, sea, wine and water bliss :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts