Awesome weekend ....

Had a fantastic weekend. Absolutely brilliant. We had the best day fishing that I think we ever had. Literally, from the moment we first put our lines in the fish never stopped biting. I would say between the three of us we would have caught over 70 plus fish. As there is a limit on the snapper, 9 per person, we had to throw a lot back. In the beginning a lot of them were undersized anyway and had to go back in regardless. Lots of mackeral and kawawhai (sp) and plenty of hammerheads too. I am not joking but I was pulling up two at a time on my rod. Damn heavy. I think I got a photo. Seriously my arms were starting to ache towards the end. So we came back with a full bin of fish.

The weather was crap on the Friday. Luckily it was only drizzling so it wasn't too bad. Of course after we'd set up - the sun came out. lol.

The weather over the weekend was perfect. Beautiful sunny blue skies and the ocean was just like glass at times. Hardly a ripple.

Unfortunately on the Sunday I had to get up at 5am to go to Auckland for a meeting. I would have liked to have passed but seeing as I was putting in a submission regarding something that I'm extremely passionate about I needed to present. I gained over 90% support so I am pleased I went. Still I was a bit of a rare site in the camp ground with makeup, dress, and stilletos. Not quite camp attire.

I got back to camp about 5.30 pm and dinner was all ready. Bonus. Slept the slept of babes that night I can tell you. Our friends cooked us bacon, eggs and tomatoes for breaky the next day - another bonus. Then unfortunately it was time to pack up and head home.

Eating was great over the weekend. I succumbed to a couple of mussels, oysters and fish done in a beer batter but it was worth it - totally delish.

Weighed myself Tuesday morning. 76.8. A 500 gram loss. And it's TOM week. Possibly that could of explained my small gain last week. Not that I'm worried. The next couple of weeks should fully cement me in the 76's and then it will be 75 and then my next goal is to be a 60's girl again. That's exciting because I now know it's so totally doable.

What I enjoyed so much about the weekend was how I felt in my clothes. Comfortable. And I've gone down a size and I'm still comfy. Getting in and out of the boat is so much easier. I use to feel like an idiot sometimes trying to heave myself on board - (sometimes I have to push out from the beach) now it's a breeze and I'm not worried about splitting my pants in front of onlookers, lol.

Life just feels and tastes so much better.

Righto better head off. I've got photos to share so will do a post up tonight. Blogger wasn't being helpful this morning and I ran out of time.

Have a great week everyone.

Three more sleeps till the big one.

Ciao.

Comments

  1. Fantastic on the weight (and the fish). I am in the 76s now but loss is slowing I think. Never mind. What is your height? I think being in the 60s would just be too low for me but hey, we'll see where this low carb takes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are doing sooo well.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to hit the fabulous fifties slap between the eyes. How wonderful. Well dome you Zxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts