The good life . . .


Our weekend away was fabulous. It's always great when we get to go camping.

Here we go ..... no makeup, wind in the hair lol ....

I think Mr T is very excited about going fishing . . .

Shame the weather was crap though . . .


I was hoping it would fine up by the time we hit the coast - but no ...

So we ended up putting the tent up in the drizzly rain . . . (not the fun part)

I get to set up the inside of the tent. Aren't I lucky. We sleep in the middle room when it's just us as I don't like being pushed up against the side.


The "kitchen" area ..... I left some tables and the pantry behind this time. Not worth it for a couple of days

storage and dressing area ... its nice and roomy and easy to keep clean


Looking out from our room to our outdoor area ....


The weather fined up after we'd finished so the guys went and had a fish off the beach. Mike caught a decent Kahowhai (sp) which we just cooked up into steaks.



Next day was a total contrast to the day before. Beautiful sunny skies and calm sea.


Those boys came in handy. I just sat in my chair and when I caught the fish I just pulled it up and flicked it over to John to unhook. Here's two I pulled up ... a snapper and a mackerel. It was actually a decent sized snapper. I did bait my own lines though.
<


This is another two I caught on the same line although you can only see the tail of the 2nd one. It's hard taking a photo on the boat when you have the camera in one hand and holding on to your line with fish on it in the other. That fish bin is 3/4 full at this stage.



Enjoying a well deserved drink after a good days fishing.


Our little Pick Nick who's given us so many great times and wonderful memories over the past six years.


And not exactly a glamour shot of me and Mr T but us none the less. We'd just woken up, the wind was blowing and we were waiting as Mike and Marion cooked us bacon eggs and tomotoes for brekkie.


and that's our weekend.


We've got another big weekend coming up which we're looking forward to. A wedding to go to. A perfect excuse to get all glammed up.


More photo's to come.

Comments

  1. Loves the photos - sounds (and looks) like you had a great time away.

    Thanks for sharing it with us. Have a fantastic day !

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - should be Love the photos !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics and you are looking awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! I so want to try camping... just have to convince Stew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pics, nothing like camping/fishing weekend.

    Enjoy your glam weekend, looking forward to more pics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts