A beautiiful wedding .....

It was a lovely day for a wedding. We arrived at the church to the sound of bagpipes. The wedding was in Hamilton and the wedding breakfast in Cambridge.

The wedding was for Mike and Amanda. Mike is the youngest and newest member of our work team. These two are always smiling and none more so than on their wedding day.

Amanda walking down the aisle ...



The newlyweds emerging from the chapel with the bells ringing ...


Don't they look radiant ...

The beautiful bride ...

Cutting the cake ...

Very elegant .... Lol so many glasses, which one do I use first

Me and Mr T

The team. Minus Mike. Our organisation is responsible for granting donations of over $160 million into our community over the last 16 years. My boss, scratching his nose, and myself have been there since the beginning when we started with $32m.

Me and my big sister. Having a bad hair day - it was really windy. It was her birthday today so we stopped in Tirau on the way home and had lunch. She's 62 today and I love her heaps. I was her first baby. She has five children of her own. She married when she was 16 and her and Ken are still happily married enjoying their family and their grandchildren. I was put into foster care when I was 6 months old. After a year my natural mum granted permission for me to be adopted. She said it was her hardest decision but it was the best and right one to make. So I became the youngest of five and was very spoilt. Until the first grandchild came along lol

Sue was diagnosed with leukemia about nine years ago. My biggest disappointment was that I couldn't donate bone marrow not being her biological sibling. The others have heart conditions and were not able. Fortunately a new drug came on the market which she was able to have which brought her blood count down enough so she could harvest her own bone marrow.


I was very blessed to have been adopted by such an awesome family. They maintained contact with my birth mum all the way through and I now have a great relationship with my mum and younger brother and sister. I only started calling her mum after my adopted mum passed away. Somehow it didn't seem right.

It was a great weekend, looking forward to jumping on the scales tomorrow. Although I've lost 12 kgs these photos tell me I still have a way to go but it's happening and every week it keeps getting better.

Hope you all had a super Waitangi Day weekend.

Ciao

Comments

  1. Gorgeous photos :) Don't you hate that you lose lots of weight an photos still make you feel fatter than you feel?

    I'm a little confused about the family saga - so that sister is your adopted sister? I got confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos - you look lovely and it looks like you had a great time.

    I'm with Lynda - I got a little confused on the family tree !!!!

    Have a great day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics....more please, love weddings!

    I too am a little confused with the family tree...

    Keep smiling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts